Florida is a popular vacation designation and retirement location. Consequently, you will notice that we have many communities of condominiums throughout the state, including Jacksonville. Condos have many benefits for owners, including access to higher-level amenities, strong community involvement, great locations, build equity in a home, invest in rental property, and no yard or outdoor maintenance. However, there are some things a person should consider before purchasing a condo such as the maintenance fees, dues, and extremely close proximity to your neighbors.
Before you rush to purchase a condominium unit, you should discuss your concerns with an experienced attorney. Our Jacksonville condominium lawyer handles all matters related to condominiums, including real estate closings, disputes, and litigation. Call (904) 248-4482 for a free consultation with an experienced attorney of The Law Offices of Justin McMurray, P.A.
Florida Condominium Law and Disputes
Florida has an extensive set of laws that govern various aspects of condominiums. Condominium Law in Florida covers the development and operation of condos, but it also addresses the resolution of disputes. Because the issues that may develop in a condominium community are sometimes unique to a condominium setting, you should hire an experienced Jacksonville condominium attorney to assist you with disputes and issues arising from or related to:
- Disputes with neighbors, the Condo Board, or the Condominium Association
- Damage to personal property, including theft and vandalism of vehicles
- Issues related to pets
- Claims related to construction defects
- Premises liability claims (e. slip & fall claims)
- Improper or selective rule enforcement
- Disputes regarding dues, assessments, late fees, and improper special assessments
- Election abuse
- Noise complaints and issues
- Damages caused by guests or residences
- Issues related to renting or leasing condos
- Contract disputes
- Preparation and review of contracts
- Parking issues and problems
- Broken equipment, including amenities
- Allegations of discrimination
- Purchase and sale of condominium units
- Condominium foreclosure defense
- Enforcement of liens
Our law firm handles all condominium-related matters, including participating in mediation and arbitration to settle disputes. However, our condominium lawyer in Jacksonville is a skilled trial lawyer who will not hesitate to litigate the matter in court if that is in the best interest of the client. Our goal is to utilize the most effective, timely, and economic strategy of settling the dispute that produces a satisfactory outcome for our client.
Call (904) 248-4482 for your free consultation with one of our trusted Florida condo lawyers.
Our Lawyers Have Experience in All Areas of Florida Condominium Law
In addition to handling a wide variety of condominium litigation matters and disputes, our Jacksonville condominium lawyers also have experience assisting clients in matters related to:
- Compliance with Florida's architectural guidelines for condominiums
- Establishing and preparing the rules and regulations for the condominium community
- Reviewing mortgage loan documents and commercial lines of credit
- Assisting in the development and planning stages, including reviewing and drafting necessary construction contracts
- Assistance with compliance of construction lien laws
- Handling condominium real estate closings for buyers and sellers
- Preparing and reviewing all contracts for service, including contracts related to maintenance, management, repair, and other necessary services
- Claims of damage because of fire, mold, or flood
Because condominiums continue to increase in popularity around Jacksonville and throughout Florida, you need an attorney who is familiar with the unique and intricate laws that related to Florida's condominium communities. Developers, owners, tenants, Associations, and Boards face distinctive issues that are not applicable to other real estate matters.
Therefore, our Jacksonville condominium lawyers are always researching current laws related to condominiums in Florida to ensure we are providing legal advice that is current and addresses your specific needs or issues. Many people believe they can handle condominium disputes and other condominium-related matters without an attorney. Unfortunately, they realize halfway through the battle they need an attorney's assistance to resolve the situation or proceed with condominium litigation to resolve the matter.
Get the Assistance You Need from an Experienced Jacksonville Condominium Lawyer
Whether you are a condominium property owner, developer, seller, board member, tenant or renter, it is crucial to have a condominium attorney in Jacksonville to guide you through the process and provide sound legal advice. The other party in a legal matter has a legal team protecting its best interest. You deserve to be protected during the matter too. Let the legal team of The Law Offices of Justin McMurray, P.A. stand beside you and fight for your legal rights in a condominium-related legal matter.
Contact The Law Offices of Justin McMurray, P.A. by calling (904) 248-4482 or by using the contact form above to request a free consultation with our Jacksonville condominium law attorney.